I was shopping in a Theory store the other day. Sitting in the dressing room I watched a young girl buy her New York City wardrobe. She was interning there this summer.
I told her I too interned in New York City, but back then I bought all my work clothes at Ann Taylor, and I looked mighty spiffy.
I told her how much I loved that time. How much fun she was going to have.
I also told her when I liked one her outfits and when I didn?t.
I felt a pang of jealousy. Not that I want to go back but she had her whole life in front of her, and pretty much half of mine has passed. I wouldn?t change anything, but there are definitely things I miss about being so young:
1) I miss my young smooth knees
2) I miss not having roots
3) I miss being able to say ?Can you give me two cheeseburgers and a large fry??
4) I miss guys thinking I might be slutty
5) I miss not having to worry about skin over my bra
6) I miss being able to drink during the day and then having enough energy to drink as much at night
7) I miss not having to say,? just put a little between the eyes?
8) I miss not knowing what a kegel is
9) I miss sustaining only on what the corner deli had on its shelves
10) I miss being able to read my menu at a normal distance
11) I miss when people actually called me on the phone to communicate
12) I miss stirrup pants
There are so many more things I miss, but I can?t remember!! So I wished the nice, maybe a little frightened of me dressing room girl good luck on her New York City adventure.
And I wanted to tell her it only gets better, but I was crying and couldn?t get anything else out.