1. I love the way the bags under my eyes make people think I was out late partying but I know I was asleep by 8:00pm
2. I love it when I go to get a spray tan and stand in front of the mirror but my eyes are closed frighteningly tight as if I’m about to go on a roller coaster.
3. I love it when I now smile at cute twenty-year old boys, I chance being profiled on Dateline NBC.
4. I love it when you see an old hookup after eighteen years and realize if he looks old to you, then?
5. I love it when the two sentences I say most are “Did you pack enough underwear?” and “I think you need to fill my cheekbones more Doc.”
6. I love that knee skin is now something I am obsessed with.
7. I love that I now have to pack root spray for vacations.
8. I love that my leg veins are starting to resemble the map of California.
9. I love that my birthday lunches always include a discussion on whether or not we should get colonoscopies.
10. I love that I am doing some serious thinking about ordering the Victoria Principal skin care line.
11. I love that I am at the stage that I now have to talk to my kid about not wanting to be a young grandma.
12. I love that I am smarter than I once was.
13. I love that I am kinder than I once was.
14. I love that I made human beings who have grown to be pretty decent people.
15. I love that I can list a lot of friends on my school emergency contact card.
16. I love that my parents make me feel young because I still get in trouble with them.
17. I love that I still like my hubby after twenty years.
18. I love that I can honestly answer “great” when someone asks “How are you?”
So I guess I love being 42.
But I really loved being 22.