I am away with my family this week. We are in Colorado skiing and it has been great. Well, the only thing that hasn’t been great is my major gas problem in this altitude. I must have 5000 pounds of gas just sitting in my stomach. My solution is to just keep eating as if this will somehow fight off the gas. This isn’t working and one very nice waitress asked me when I am due.
So aside from my freakishly huge distended stomach, I love being away in the mountains. It is beautiful here and I feel lucky to have a week off from the world.
The following are the top ten reasons I love this vacation:
- I love not making my kids their school lunches
- When we are away skiing I don’t have to shave my legs
- I love not doing homework
- My kids get along great
- I can drink at 11 and I am not judged
- When Scott and I have to sneak in a session I feel sixteen again
- I don’t have to talk to anyone
- The ski lift operators, waiters, and ski store clerks are hot
- I look cute in long underwear
- I actually really enjoy my family
So I am a hairy-legged happy mama this week. I am just popping about six Gas-X a day.
Helpful hint: Whether you are home having a stay-cation, or away, have fun with your kids and play old-fashioned board games like Monopoly or Life. We also love Scrabble, Uno, and our favorite, the card game Bullshit. The best part, none require a charger or batteries!
Jen Ross, Author, “Don’t Wear Sweats Or Your Husband Will Leave You”